Correction to tire/speed calculation

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Correction to tire/speed calculation
From: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 92 13:13:00 PST
          I knew it. As carefully as I typed it all in, I
     overlooked something very incorrect on this morning's
     post of simple rpm/mph formula. The tire size should
     be CIRCUMFERENCE in feet, not diameter. Hey, it was
     early. Oddly enough, I only got one reply correcting
     me, from Mike Gendimenico (geesh those intel people are
     sharp ;-). I guess either no-one read it, or no-one
     noticed.

          cheers and oops-
                          dstone@sc9.intel.com