Jaguar to Chevy engine swap...

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Jaguar to Chevy engine swap...
From: zrol01@trc.amoco.com (Richard O. Lindsay)
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 92 10:59:45 CST
Hi gang.

Has anyone out there done an engine conversion on a Jaguar
XJ-S?  I'm rebuilding a 1976 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe'.  If the
fuel injection computer is defective the replacement item
is over US$1000!  Same with the fuel injectors.  If one or
two are bad, at US$129 each I can stand it but if I need
to do a wholesale replacement of 12 injectors, I need an
alternative.  Before the purists get upset, this is not
like restoring an XK-120 or and E-type where the value of
the restoration is based on the authenticity of the job.
I have an authentic 1984 XJ-S.  What I want to do is take
this '76 XJ-S, that I got for a song, and make it a pretty,
running car for sale to someone who wants a dependable, fuel
efficient(ish) sporty car.  I'll use the '84 if I want to
drive 150 mph!  So again, any advice on conversion to, say,
a Chevy 350?

Rick

     Richard O. Lindsay        /     __  __      __  __
  Senior Research Scientist   /   / /_/ /_  / / /_/ /_/
  Amoco Production Research  /   / / / /_/ /_/ / / / \
                            / /_/
                           /
My opinions are my own, untill they're worth something, at
which point they become the property of my employer...