Re: Diff. filling on '80 MGB

To: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CC.UTAH.EDU, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Diff. filling on '80 MGB
From: sggy@crux2.cit.cornell.edu (Roger Garnett)
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1992 08:57:35 -0500
Dean_Zywicki@NIHDCRT.BITNET scribed:
 Subject: Diff. filling on '80 MGB

> 1)  What do I use to remove the fill plug on the differential for a
> 1980 MGB.  I don't seem to have anything that comes close to fitting.

It's about a 7/16 or so square hole- there isn't a "standard tool".

I took a length of ~ 1/2" square rod, ground the end to fit in
the hole, and made a 90 degree bend about an inch or 2 in. Works great.

If what you have doesn't work, make it! That's what grinders,
torches, welders, and other shop tools are for!

Roger "Tools are made to be modified" Garnett