Roll-bar

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Roll-bar
From: gerry@probe.att.com
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 92 16:20 EST
>I think
>those rubber buffers are there to insulate the carbs from the extra heat.

On all the Weber side draft carbs that I have seen, the rubber gaskets
are there to isolate the carbs from engine vibration, so that the fuel does
not froth in the fuel bowl.

> I have a 45DCOE Weber on my Renault-engined Europa.  I do not have any soft
> mounts.  Is this likely to be a problem?

Probably - all Weber manuals I have read state that the rubber gaskets MUST
be present, and the securing bolts/nuts must have those funny looking
rubber doughnuts.

I spoke to someone about 5-6 weeks ago about a roll-bar for an MG Midget,
we spoke on the phone, and I promised I would call you back after I had
measuerd the roll-bar.

Well this weekend I removed it and it measures :

Looking at the roll-bar from the front:

                    -----------------------     ^
                    | |-----------------| |
                    | |                 | |
                    | |                 | |     28"
                    | |                 | |     v
                       <     40.5"     >
                    <        44"          >

It also has two bars coming from the corners, which attach to the parcel
shelf.

BTW the person I spoke to is on the other end of 508-990-0907, I keep calling
but all I get is a recording.

Gerry