Reunited, finally

To: sol@autox.team.net
Subject: Reunited, finally
From: mburdick@unmc.edu (Mike Burdick)
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 92 13:49:54 CST
Last Friday I was finally reunited with my Spitfire!  (A little over 3
months after the accident)  It came on a truck with a Ferrari Dino replica
and a 60 something Buick.  Even in its rumpled condition, it would still
have been my pick given a choice of the three.

I have only been able to give it a casual inspection but it appears to
be in slightly better shape than I remembered it (I hadn't seen it since
the tow truck took it away in July).  The bonnet and front bumper
are trashed and the lower valence is pretty banged up.  The radiator
and oil cooler are gone too.  The passenger door is scraped where the
bonnet has been rubbing on it but there are no dents.  The steering and
suspension seem to be okay and the engine looks good too.  The frame
seems to have come through without too much damage but I haven't looked
carefully at it.  Assuming I can find decent replacement parts, it might
not be too big of a job to get it back on the road.

I am pleased with the outfit that handled the shipping and would
recommend them if you are thinking of having a car shipped.  From Macon,
GA to Omaha I paid $575.  I had to wait a couple of weeks so that they
could work it in with some other hauls but I think the delay was worth
it.  Other quotes were from $1.00 to $0.75 per mile for the 1100 mile.
The guy's name is Greg Criswell and he advertises in Hemmings as
Criswell Auto Transport.  He says they haul all over the US.  I have no
ties to Criswell other than being a satisfied customer.

Cleared the first hurdle,
Mike Burdick
mburdick@molecular.unmc.edu