TR6 Rear HUBs

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: TR6 Rear HUBs
From: paisley@cme.nist.gov (Scotty Paisley)
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 92 12:38:23 EDT
Well, after much reading and people warning me about how difficult
rebuilding TR6 rear hubs can be, I decided to bite the bullet and
order rebuilt hubs from TRF.  Would you believe it???  They are out of
stock!  What a true drag...  They said that it would take 4-6 weeks to
get them in and it would more likely be like 8 weeks!!!  (*#&$&!)
Soooooo, I found a reputable TR6 shop in the area that owns a TR6 hub
puller, and he said that he would pull a hub apart for $25.  I'm going
to try it folks.  He also said that if I get into any trouble that he
would finish the job for me...  I think I've got my bases covered so
I'll let ya'll know how it goes.  I'm also moving into a new place so
don't expect this to happen overnight, but I'll let ya'll know
everything as soon as it happens.  (Hopefully I'll be on the road
before thanksgiving...)

Wobble, wobble, wobble,

-Scotty