Lbc rantings...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Lbc rantings...
From: scocur@h2-7.Auto-trol.COM (Scott Currier)
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 92 10:04:23 MDT
I've been "Breaking" in the Roller for a few months now, and except
for a few quirks, I've been fairly happy.  Awhile back I reported
about blowing out the float bowl gasket on a trip to Kansas.  This
problem returned while pulling onto the showing field at the Colorado
British Motor Conclave a few weeks back. It was quite a sight, my
little white shadow amongst those behemoth Wraiths and Phantoms
spewing forth the putrid smell of petrol steaming off my manifolds.
This episode convinced me to call Albers and order rebuild kits for the
SU's.  I suppose I'll go stock up on some John Courage and dig into
them this weekend.

Her other endearing quality is the ubiquitous garage floor oil spot.
I'm starting to think British cars are like Tom cats that mark their
territory.

Roland,
the problem your snake is displaying sounds identical to a problem
I had this summer on a 462cid Lincoln Connie. While driving to a
VMCCA car show in Canon City my convertible was running warm and was
cutting out in certain power bands. As I pulled her onto the showing
field (wow deja vu) she died in front of hundreds of car nuts.
The Lincoln club pushed my old sled up to the other connies, and I went
to work figuring out what happened.  I wound up swapping fuel pumps on
the advice of some other Fomoco nuts, and was able to limp the car
home (120 miles).  The problem persisted through 2 more pumps (I even
rebuilt the Carter AFB), until I finally bought a high compression fuel
pump a few months back, et voila, the problem disappeared.
BTW the high compression pump was a stock item.

Now if I could figure out how to get a car onto a showing field
without it dying (I also blew a clutch on my Delorean pulling
it into a Concours judging), maybe I could convince the SO to
attend a few more shows :-)

Disclaimer: Dis Claim is mine, all mine...
                                             Scott Currier
                                             Auto-trol Technology Corp.
scocur@auto-trol.com                         Denver, Colorado