Starters

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Starters
From: brucec@amex-trs.com (Bruce Carter)
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1992 10:02:31 -0700

Hello Folks,

    Well I guess Lucas has struck again, I say I guess because I'm not
    sure. I went to start the car this morning and the starter would
    only turn and not engage, only every once in a while a would catch
    for a brief second.

    So what I'm wondering is are solenoids available or is it probably
    not the solenoid, or is it the starter itself? please don't tell me
    that it is most likely to be the flywheel, as this would totally
    ruin my day. BTW this is a '77 MGB with a '65 motor in it.

    Any and all comments, replies, etc... are welcome.

Thanks,

Bruce...

Living and dying laughing and crying
Once you have seen it you will never be the same
Life in the fast lane is just how it seems
Hard and it is heavy, dirty and mean. -Metallica