FREEZE PLUGS?

To: BRITISH-CARS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: FREEZE PLUGS?
From: John_Ross@Novell.COM
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 92 16:46:00 MDT
To: BRITISH CAR

> I've heard this too.  In fact, I know of a story where the
> freeze
> plugs didn't work (don't we all?).  The block froze and
> cracked.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but those freeze plugs are not
there to save your block.  If I understand correctly the plugs
are there so the person casting the block can remove the "core"
from the sand casting and not leave your water jacket packed full
of casting sand. Hence the term CORE PLUGS not freeze plugs. The
method by witch you should keep you block from freezing of
ANTIFREEZE catch the ANTI part there. I would assume since your
friends water jacket wasn't full of sand the "FREEZE"? plugs were
working as designed.

Sorry I didn't mean to go crazy.

(BTW  What is the fun of owning a british car ?
 > FYI, there were 3 or 4 stolen TR6s in all of CA that they knew
 > of, none
 > of which was a '69.
 > - --ian
Definitely not stealing one!!!!!!!)

            JOHN ROSS SOLO II '68 MGB (Mega Gorgeous Babe ??)
            JROSS@NOVELL.COM