Disc rotor brands

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Disc rotor brands
From: ian@Centric.COM (Ian Macky)
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 92 09:37:46 PDT
When replacing the front rotors on my '69 6, I had the opportunity to check
out several competing brands, of which there are many.  Victoria British,
for example, sells N different makes and they will not/can not tell you
which they will send.

My conclusion:  Get Brembo rotors.  Putney & Perry in Santa Cruz actually
had one in stock so I suppose other places will too.

Superior casting and finish; surface prep was much better, very flat with a
good cross-hatch hone (like a new cylinder bore) perfect for initial break
in; identification and specs (including minimum thickness) stamped onto edge.

Way better than the generic ones, and for the same price.

--ian