V8s and Heat

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: V8s and Heat
From: DODD@ELMO.EL.WPAFB.AF.MIL
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1992 7:09:28 EDT
 The MGB V8 roadster that you saw was a conversion.  I do not remember seeing
 anything about factory V8s in any of my MG books.  I have seen several
 beautiful Rover V8 conversions that look clean enough to be factory however.
 It is a shame that the V8 was never US certified.  The MG would have lasted
 several more years here with the V8.

 Excess heat in lbcs could be solved with an insulation product sold here in
 the midwest at least.  It is called Reflectrix.  It has an aluminum face,
 mylar for strength, a layer of bubble pack, a sheet of mylar, a second layer
 of bubble pack, a final sheet of mylar and then a top layer of aluminum.
 This stuff worked quite well for insulating the basement of my house from the
 first floor.  It is about 3/8 of an inch thick and has an R-12 or so
 insulation value.  I will be using it in my midget when I put in the new
 carpet set.  No need for carpet padding.  The stuff is easily cut to shape
 with scissors.  Should be worth a try.

 MAD