Hissing Jaguar

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Hissing Jaguar
From: scott@psy.uwa.edu.au (Scott Fisher)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 92 13:35:51 WST
I'll probably be in Jaguar de-bug mode for a couple more weeks yet
so please forgive the frequency of trivial posts :-)

After a run in my XJ6-III and the thing is sitting there cooling down
I can hear a hissing sound coming form somewhere under/close to the
heat sheild that covers the exhaust manifold.  It sounds more like a
sucking hiss (no liquid sounds tho, just gass) rather than a blowing
hiss.  I'll pull it apart on the week-end and am fishing for suggestions.
The EGR (Exhaust Gass Return) valve that sticks out of the heat-sheild
is my primany suspect...but the sound seems forward of the EGR valve
toward the frint end of the manifold cover...Hmmmmmm

It's not coming from the air-con system nor any cooling pipes (radiator etc).

Thanks in advance

#2 Scott.
Scott Fisher [scott@psy.uwa.oz.au]  PH: Aus [61] Perth (09) Local (380 3272).

Department of Psychology                                    /      \    W + E
University of Western Australia.                 Perth -->  *_.--._/      S
Nedlands, 6009.  PERTH, W.A.                                      v

    *** ERROR 144 - REBOOT? is a registered trademark of ENSONIQ Corp ***