Fuel Pump Question ('79 MGB)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Pump Question ('79 MGB)
From: "Scott R. Turner" <srt@sun-marino.aero.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 92 08:23:30 -0700
I'm finally getting around to putting a new fool pump on my MGB
(as suggested on the list, I got an electric pump from JC Whitney -
I'm not sure if it's a Facet or not).  The old fuel pump has a
clear plastic line running from a port on the fuel to somewhere
forward (I didn't trace the line).  Is this an overflow line for
venting overflow fuel from the pump somewhere forward and
innocuous?  Or is it an overflow from somewhere forward coming
back?  The question arises because the new pump has no fitting for
this line, one way or the other.

                                        -- Scott T.