2 days to P.A., and a Good Morning

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: 2 days to P.A., and a Good Morning
From: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 92 06:32:42 PDT
          This has the makings of a Truly Great Day; The
     coffee blend was just right, I found Iron Maiden and
     then Jesus Jones on the radio on the way into work, and
     if that wasn't enough, I was passed  by a beautiful TR8,
     license plate "GR8 8" with top down !, And all this
     before 6am ! Yup, gonna be a good day .....

     With two days till Palo Alto:

     Sprite progress; negative, as in reverse progress. The
     square stock I bought to use as a bonnet latch (since
     I lost my glass doorknob :-( ) was too big. I found this
     out *after* I'd had a MKIII interior door handle fitted
     to it. Yeah, it'll eventually work, but probably not
     before Sunday.

     Riley progress: Some, not much. Picked up the various
     h2o pump components from the bead blasters' and they
     look great. Have yet to get the bearings out of the
     pump housing tho. Fingers crossed.

          I must give a blatant plug for the bead blaster I
     found. His usual fare being semiconductor items, he has
     all of the tools to do *fine* work, but was very eager
     to do my "esoteric" (his word) car stuff. He welcomes
     more of this type of work, (small, fine detail) and also
     has TIG/MIG & minor machinework capability. The job he
     did on the Riley stuff is absolutely beautiful, and was
     a *very* fair price. It's rare to find a honest
     craftsman these days, but I did, and I highly recommend
     him. If the Riley doesn't get back together by Sunday,
     I'll at least bring some of the pump to give you an
     idea of what he can do.
     He is:

     Cliff Petersen
     Microabrasive Services