Rubber bumper cars and tire black

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Rubber bumper cars and tire black
From: RGOLEN@umassd.edu
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1992 19:09 EDT
In this installment of the Saga of Grizabella I find myself getting a
bit tired of the semi-monthly rubbing of sacrificial armor-all on the
front and rear bumpers. They look ok for a day or so, and then slowly
return to their "light black" color.

Has anyone ever used "tire black" (tire paint) to paint the rubber
bumpers of their MG? Did it work out? Is there an alternative to
tire black......will I ever get this car done....is it time for
a beer yet? Oh, well....thanks again....stay tuned for the

Ric Golen