RE: British Cars Digest #552 Thu Aug 20 01:15:02 MDT 1992

To: "british-cars" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: British Cars Digest #552 Thu Aug 20 01:15:02 MDT 1992
From: "T_MULLEN" <TMULLEN@atlas.nafb.trw.com>
Date: 21 Aug 92 08:43:00 PST
Subject: Re: Funny story   &   I need mirrors...

Gerry says:

| USA), and was astonished at how ignorant people are about cars. Approx 10
| The guy I eventually sold the car to asked the following questions :

| "Is it front wheel drive ?"
| "Does the radio work ?"
| "Has it got a 5 speed gearbox ?"
| "Does the radio work ?"
| "What is the fuel consumption ?"
| "Does the radio work ?"
| "When was the last time the oil was changed ?"
| "Does the radio work ?"

I once took a Miata (I know, but the though of a reliable weekday car,
and saving the FUN lbc for the weekend is appealing...) for a test
drive.  Immediately after starting the car, the salesman push a CD
into the player (Steppenwolf or something) and turned up the volume,
commenting about how good the radio was.  I turned it off three times,
each time saying something about "I couldn't care less about the
radio, I'm interested in the car..."  He just didn't seem to
comprehend that the radio wasn't the center of my attention...

While I'm typing this, I really need a pair of chrome plastic Sebring
mirrors for my Elan.  They were also real common in the mid to early
seventies on racers, Formula Fords, etc.  Does anybody know where I
can find a pair?...

Tim Mullen         tmullen@thor.nafb.trw.com