More Wanker

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: More Wanker
From: "Daren Stone, D2 IE, 5-9521, bpr:237-2322, RN2-C6" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 92 07:25:23 PDT
     Wanker story: I have two brothers, one's a wanker, the
     other the extreme opposite (ie. one who will replace
     everything on the car simply because it's used).
     Anyway, brother # 1, (wanker) upon seeing how much
     fun brother # 2 (me) was having with his Sprite, decided
     he had to have one. (At this point he had neglected to
     take notice of the tinkering to drive ratio). Anyway he
     bought one, a nice MkIII, and proceed to add all sorts
     of flashy add-ons, but neglected to take note of
     maintenance issues. Consequently, it ended up in the
     shop for numerous breakdowns. One such breakdown
     occurred, and no matter what, the mechanic could not
     get it to run on all four. He kept telling my brother
     he needed a new distributor, blah, blah, so I went and
     looked at it. It would start, but ran on two, no matter
     what. It had good spark, no appreciable distributor
     wobble, so we go to gas. Bingo, front float stuck
     closed. I cleaned the float seat and two minutes later it
     started up & ran perfectly.
          However, once fixed, my brother shut it off immediately
     and proceeded to turn on the new stereo he'd just had
     installed, so I could hear it. (I know, a stereo in a
     Sprite ?!?) At this point, when the sound of the stereo
     was more important than the sound of the engine
     I realized the fate of this poor car, that one
     day it will look great and be completely unroadworthy,
     and at that point I'll have to buy it from him.

          brother of the wanker-
                                dstone@sc9.intel.com