speedometer

To: joe_flake@hpatc.desk.hp.com
Subject: speedometer
From: rgb@hal.com (Roger Bolick)
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 92 09:07:41 CDT
I sent mine and tach to Foreign Speedo Repair in Ohio?

I have the address somewhere, it seems to be a little
home shop and they fix all mech tach/speedo's.  It cost
$40 plus shipping <$5, a little high, but after looking
inside I gave up.  They also calibrate the unit, both
mine have NO stutter and work great.

The face ring is supposed to twist to open, but the gasket
is likely hardened and you'll have to pry the little tabs
a little.  Seems there are 2 screws from the rear and then
the whole guts drops out, based on your problem, you may
see something obvious inside.

Remember to NOT clean the black backface or touch it with
your fingers, maybe dust it, that's it.  Any residue will
show when lighted at night.  A clean glass will really
help it out, once again don't leave any fingerprints, etc.
Clean the light bulb cavity's and I usually install new
bulbs, really brightens things up - course then the tach,
oil, etc. will need to be done...

Roger

Oh, I used a layer of black silicon to reseal the cover, wiping
off the excess.