Mid-Ohio

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Mid-Ohio
From: DODD@ELMO.EL.WPAFB.AF.MIL
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1992 13:12:49 EDT
   As Bob mentioned in his posting about Mid-Ohio yesterday, there was a
   wallowing Jag MKII in group 3.  In the mail yesterday, the latest British
   Car issue came.  In it was an article on a guy in Florida who races and
   prepares MKIIs.  His setups are close to street so that they can drive to
   the track.  It started out as a tow car as well.  Drop off the towed racer,
   and you have twice the number of runs.  The lonely pair of MKIIs in my
   garage will have to sit a little longer.  The house restoration must be
   pretty close before I get started on those toys.  I guess that means late
   nights of breathing drywall dust instead of Castrol :-(  However, the Lady
   of the house has consented to the possibility of racing.  The MKIIs are not
   for racing according to her.  If she doesn't make me get rid of the MKIIs,
   just add another car, I won't complain :-)

   On a related note, the batmobile lives and is sitting in the lot today.  It
   is my 73 Midget that is almost on the road for good.  I need to track down a
   couple of Lucas gremlins (surprise), and it should be in pretty good shape
   for daily use.  The car got its name from being all black and from my side-
   line of work.  100+ year old houses seem to have a way of letting little
   creatures in.  The score for the year: Mark 3, Bats 0.

   I will echo Bob's thoughts on vintage racing.  GO GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!  It was
   one of the most enjoyable $20 I have ever spent.  Even the red nose and ears
   were a small price to pay for the grins.  The success of the British cars
   just made it that much better.

   MAD