Re: CLANK XX- The Clankster St.

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: CLANK XX- The Clankster St.
From: kendall@gallium.chey.com (none)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 92 14:51:17 EDT
TeriAnn writes (inspired by Jerry):

>I too keep worrying about the quality of repro parts offered by companys.
>I have purchased a pair of wing mirrors and had the chrome backs of the
>mirrors turn rust brown in a year.

>Moss sells an external cooler adapter for the TR2-4 engine that is a
>disaster!  The last water pump I purchased from Moss worked about 3 months
>before it started leaking big time.

I have the same complaint.  I rebuilt the front end for my MGB completely
including, of course, new steering rack boots. The boots (purchased from Moss)
are already history, cracked at the outer ends.  I haven't even driven the
car yet!  It's only been pushed in and out of the garage a couple of times!
I'm pretty sure I installed them properly, they aren't overly stressed when
they are completely stretched, etc.

Did I miss something, or are the parts just inferior?

Kendall

PS
Jerry, have you always led a charmed life!!?? :^)