spitfire dash question

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: spitfire dash question
From: joeh@coos.dartmouth.edu (Joseph L. Hill)
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 92 6:25:21 EDT
Hi! I'm rebuilding my spitfire but I'm pretty clueless and begging for help
in a couple places...

I cant get the the wiper switch out of the dash panel, how do I get the knob
off??? (I got everything else off but the left dash panel is hanging
because I cant get the wiper switch out...)

Also I have ALOT of play in the wheel, I can turn the wheel back and forth
about a good 2 inches before the wheels turn. Any pointers as to where to
start trouble shooting? I noticed when i pull on the steering wheel it "lifts"
alittle, related to the play or something else?

Thanks SO much for any help!
-joe