Re: Topless Mini

To: gerry@probe.att.com
Subject: Re: Topless Mini
From: "Chris Kent Kantarjiev" <cak@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1992 15:26:19 PDT
        British Leyland or is it the Rover Group now (I can never keep up with
        the names changes - what happened to good old BMC !!!), does indeed
        produce a convertible Mini. I think it is contracted out to a 3rd
        party who does the conversion (much like Karmann and VW relationship).

Yup, saw one last week when I was in Munich. In fact, I saw a lot of
Minis, both old (with centrally mounted dash speedo) and new.

This one was used and for sale, in fact. I think the listed new price
was DM 27K, with an asking price of DM17,800. That comes out to $11,800...