LIVE B on the road

To: twakeman@apple.com
Subject: LIVE B on the road
From: Don.Adams@EBay.Sun.COM (Don Adams Staff Systems Eng Sun Federal)
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 92 16:13:29 PDT
TeriAnn and all others who provided assistance...

I was able to get and replace the water pump on Saturday.
I got the same lesson on plastic impellors at British Motor Sports.
They had one out to show why you don't want a plastic impellor.

After installing the water pump and checking everything out I fired
it up with no problem. After a half hour or so of Idling it kind of
coughed, sputtered and died. It still was not overly hot. I pulled the
plugs to see if idling that long had done something dasterdly. Pulled
the engine through a few times and re-checked the compression. All
looked ok so I put everything back together and fired it up again.
I can only assume that some dirt had settled where it shouldn't have
while I was working on it.

Since that time it has fired every time and is running fairly well.
A little rough at idle but many things can account for that.
This weekend I will re-check timing and the gap on the valves since
I was in there diddling around. Came up over the hill on 680 at noon today
with outside air temp over 85 without any temp increase noticable and
no strange sounds

Now let's hope it stays fixed. Nice B; N i c e  B

Thanks to everyone and particularly you TeriAnn for all
the help.

Don Adams