Re: SS / Jaguar

To: archer@hsi86.hsi.com
Subject: Re: SS / Jaguar
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 92 09:05:00 pdt
> From: archer@hsi86.hsi.com (Garry Archer)
> To: british-cars%hoosier.utah.edu@uunet.uu.net
> Subject: SS / Jaguar
>

> This particular car (registration CYB 304) in the picture does not have a
> "leaping cat" affixed to the top of the radiator cap.  An unidentified
> picture next to it (registration CKV 250, which looks like an SS100) does
> have the "leaping cat" on the cap.
>
> [Information from "The Complete Catalogue of British Cars" (1974)]

Interestingly the 1937 16/70 DH AC I mentioned in my JWF Restorations
post DOES have what appears to be a "leaping cat" affixed to the top of
the radiator cap.  Considering the striking resemblance this car bears
to the SS100 I'm wondering if there was any connection; perhaps the same
coach builder, ala Bentley/Rolls Royce?