I had a dream

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: I had a dream
From: "Daren Stone, D2 IE, 5-9521, bpr:237-2322, RN2-C6" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 92 10:37:12 PDT
          Well folks,  the endless hours I've been spending
     in the garage have finally taken their toll on me and
     manifested themselves in a very odd dream I had last
     night. Unlike Jerry & Dean (the other brit-list
     dreamers), it didn't have to do with catastrophic
     engine failure, but that's probably because I'm not
     rebuilding an engine. Just everything else.

          Anyway: Last night I dreamt that I was driving
     the Bugeye to a garage that was going to put a blown
     V8 in it for me, while I waited. (Now that's service!)
     I parked the car right out by the gas pumps, and the
     mechanic began removing all the front end components.
     When he took off on of the front wheels the tire came
     apart in his hand. I began to have second thoughts
     about this when he pulled out a torch to cut away some
     sheetmetal for clearance. Then I wondered if I had
     enough $$ in my checking account to cover it. I woke
     myself up when he rolled an oily old small block out on
     an engine stand. This morning I went out & checked to
     make sure it had all been just a bad dream. Sure
     enough, the mighty 1275 was still there. Whew ....

          cheers-
                 dstone@sc9.intel.com