TR3 Calipers Update

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: TR3 Calipers Update
From: Jerry Kaidor <Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com>
Date: 15 Apr 92 08:00:24
   TR3 Calipers Update
   Last night, I had a talk with my britcar mechanic friend about my TR2's
Girling brake calipers.  As you may remember, I had loosened two of the bolts
holding them together, and was worried about the consequences.

     Denis told me not to worry, just bolt 'em back togther.  "Tighten them up
to a reasonable torque with a spanner, that's as good as anything".
He said that the prohibition against taking them apart was a CYA* measure by
Girling,  protecting them against liability claims from people who might take
them apart and mess them up.  It makes sense, in a screwy kind of way.

    According to our own Roland Dudley, the center seal in the calipers is
available from Dave Bean Engineering, if I should be so brave as to take the
whole mess apart.  Hopefully, I can avoid that.  I would really like to have
this car together this coming weekend!

    - Jerry