Barke bleeding reply

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Barke bleeding reply
From: "Daren Stone, D2 IE, 5-9521, bpr:237-2322, RN2-C6" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 92 10:00:13 PDT
A while ago, there was some traffic on the list about a reasonably
inexpensive pressure bleeding system - Could someone tell me the name of the
unit, and who might sell it?

     >>Well, I now have first-hand experience using the
     Eezi-bleed, if that's what you're thinking of. I
     borrowed one this weekend to use on Redcar, and could
     not have been happier with the results.
          Very simply, you select a cap (many are provided)
     that replaces your master cylinder cap, and install
     this onto the appropriate hose on the Eezi-bleed. You
     fill the Eezi-bleed bottle with your brakes fluid of
     choice, close the bottle,  and then hook up the other
     hose onto a tire stem, which then pressurizes the entire
     brake system. Then you just go around and open each bleeder
     screw one at a time, until nothing but new fluid emerges.
     If you put a piece of clear vinyl tubing on the bleeder
     screw before opening, you can watch for bubbles even easier
     in addition to catching the outcoming brake fluid in a can
     or something to avoid the usual mess.
          I did my car easily in 10 minutes, hardly wasted
     any fluid, and have never felt such a firm pedal.
          As for sources, this one was about $30 from Moss
     motors.

          cheers-
                 dstone@sc9.intel.com