Missed a Bar-B-Que!!!

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Missed a Bar-B-Que!!!
From: mikej@apd.MENTORG.COM (Mike Johnson)
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 92 09:35:58 PDT
My car that is.  I was at the coast for the weekend.  Upon returning I smelled
something strange in the house.  Went in to the garage and almost got knocked
over by the petrol fumes.  The Europa has split a fuel line while sitting still!
Gas was leaking all over the floor.

Can you say JUMPY!!  Can you say HAPPY!! Can you say SCARED WITLESS!!

I called Dave Bean Eng.  today to locate a braded steel kit to replace the
old lines.  Yes I know everyone said to replace the Tee's and lines.  Well I
had metal tee's already and was going to get around to the lines when I replaced
the head gasket very soon.  However Bean does not have such and I understand
that putting braded steel on slip on fittings for the Strombergs is a special
challenge.

Does anyone have a phone number for R&D Enterprizes or some such Lotus supplier?
I am through fooling around.  The Lotus is so pissed at me for using a GoldWing
for my fun it is "wetting" the garage floor when I leave it home alone.  I
rubbed it's nose in the wet newspaper.  Now if I can just get it to scratch
at the door when it wants to go for a ride!(;-)

       mikej@apd.mentor.com
       MYROPA the hose green car (sitting in a decidedly non-smoking garage)