Re: Clunk in the rear

To: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com
Subject: Re: Clunk in the rear
From: rgb@hal.com (Roger Bolick)
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 92 08:09:53 CST
I was unable to spot bad U-joints on either TR6 due to the location
of the joints (hard to see/feel).  The second TR6 received new
differential mounts, pinion seal, and 6 U-joints as one operation.
Also grease the splines and replace the rubber boots while you're
there.  This is the easy way to do it, as the diff. has to be removed
to get the driveshaft out anyway.  (OR the exhaust and out the front)

It CURED ALL the drive shaft problems.  You can even take the shafts
to someone to replace all the joints with a press.  Mark everything
so as to make SURE it goes back together exactly as it came apart.
Even the flanges!  No reason to risk inducing a vibration problem.

I think I have instructions for this operation including using the
3' breaker bar as an extension to get to the inside axle flange bolts.

Roger