Re: TR-only

To: Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com, british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: TR-only
From: Philippe Habib <phabib@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 92 11:27:31 -0800
I've been to both TR-Only and TR Specialties.

I went to TR Specialties only once when I hadn't had the car long enough to
know better.  I needed some seals, they quoted me a price, took my money and
then went to the back room to get them.  What they got were some USED seals.

It took a lot of arguing about the no refund policy before they gave me
back my money and suggested that I not return if I was too stupid to know
that they sold used parts and so on.

When I was doing the brakes on my car, TR Only didn't have the parts I needed
so I ordered from someone else.  I then couldn't remember how the handbrake
went on and Wayne was quite nice about answering questions and letting me
look at junk axles to figure it out.  His price for used parts is 50% of
the new price from the TRF catalog.