Re: tires

To: rgb@hal.com, cs.utah.edu!hoosier!british-cars@crdgw1.ge.com
Subject: Re: tires
From: bownes@pluto.crd.ge.com (Robert M. Bownes)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 92 11:47:31 EST
        Uh, roger, what colour is the sky in your world? :-}

        I race on stock 5.5"x15" TR-6 rims (which do have an odd offset
I'll admit) with about as sticky 205/60/15 street tires as you'll ever see.
I've beat, battered, abused, & changed tires on an old-fashioned tire machine
myself, and have never, once, bent one. Not one. Or had someone else bend one.
And I pay about $20-$30 each for used TR-6 rims, which even though I own 8 of
them is considerably less than my car is worth...

        I think they're pretty tough myself. Heavy too. The 4.5" rims might be
different, but those were only found on the 250's and very early 6's.

iii