Rust proofing new frame pieces

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Rust proofing new frame pieces
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 92 11:29:08 EST
|Date: 3-20-92  11:28am
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu}:INTERNET
|Subj: Rust proofing new frame pieces
   I ordered and received new frame pieces for my TR6.  They came
with some grey paint on them, but nothing that looks heavy duty.
Since the old ones seemed to rust from the inside out around the
trailing arm supports, I wanted to do as much as possible to keep
these new ones from the same fate.  If I spray them, I couldn't get
much of the inside.  I would really like to dip them in something so
the inside will be coated also.  Anyone have any ideas ?

   Thanks,
       Dean