Frame repair on TR6

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Frame repair on TR6
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 92 14:44:13 EST
|Date: 3-13-92  2:43pm
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu}:INTERNET
|Subj: Frame repair on TR6
   Now that I'm ready to get the frame fixed on my TR6 I have a few
questions that I hope you guys can help with.  The frame pieces in
question are the short rear sections that the trailing arms hang off of.
I was talking with Scott Paisley about this and we were wondering what
happens to the rest of the frame when when those pieces are cut out.
Are they under a lot of stress which would make it difficult to line up
?
   Also, does anyone have any experience with rustproofing the frame?
I'm getting new floor pans put in while I get the frame fixed so the
frame will be very well exposed.  I figured that since it would be like
that, why not try to do some rust prevention maintenance on the rest of
it.

P.S. - Some interesting ads in the Washington Post today:

  Jaguar - '67 420 sedan, RHD, 4 speed, wires, good condition, runs,
            needs engine work, $1500 202-387-3610

  Singer Roadster - 1952, Rare brit. collector car, complete, needs
                    rest.  $2500   703-968-3983

  Rover - '70  V8, pw, pl 28k orig. miles! A real classic $3995
          Rosenthal Honda 703-749-6671

   Thanks,
      Dean