Pure Alcohol

To: uunet.UU.NET!medtron!pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile
Subject: Pure Alcohol
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@snakebyte.cdc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 92 14:37:17 pst

> >I believe that Everclear (more-or-less straight grain alcohol) isn't avaiable
> in many states.  (Could be wrong, but that's what I hear.)
>
> I think Minnesota still has a 100-proof limit.  Everclear is, I believe, 190.
> We had the stuff in the lab stock at 3M, and you had to sign for it.  There
When I was going to school in Tucson I occasionally bought some stuff in
Mexico called Alcohol Puro (I think that was the name).  It was 196
proof grain alcohol (or so it said on the label).  Of course, I didn't
put this stuff in my gas tanks but I probably could have.  Those of you
living near the border might still be able buy it and to bring it back
to the US.

Roland