Re:GT6/Spit conversion

To: british-cars@hoosier, woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu
Subject: Re:GT6/Spit conversion
From: Geronimo x54903 page 951-3432 <GENDIMEN@T12SYS.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 92 09:23:00 PST
>who have done this conversion (GT6 to a Spit tub) and they seemed pleased
>with the results.  I have been worried (and still am) about the strength
>the the frame, esp. with the 2.5 liter engine.  Most people I spoke with
>don't think this is a real problem.  It really depends on the
>condition of the car in the first place.  I definitely think there will not
>be any 'over-build' safety factors left in the frame.  Therefore, it is

A couple more comments/questions on this.  First, the GT6 is a 2.0 Liter
engine.  I noticed in my Haynes manual that the Vitesse convertible, which
essentially has the same frame only came with a 1.6 liter 6 cyl., but the
horsepower and torque were only about 14 units lower than the emission
controlled GT6.  It doesn't seem like 14 hp will make a big difference on the
GT6's hefty frame.  How much HP can be gotten out of a juiced up Spit 1500?
Also, I've never seen a Vitesse, only in pictures.  Were these only made for
Great Britain?

Mike G.
gendimen@t12sys.intel.com