I'm back

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: I'm back
From: Dennis Wilson <DWILSON@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1992 13:16 PST
Dear All,
        I am now done with my dissertation so I have time to live a life agian.

Does anyone know how to unstick a clutch on a 77 Midget??  I have tried
startingit in gear. I was running the car up and down my driveway on the
starter but
it is still stuck.

Second, I bled the brakes.  On the 1500 Midget you must simultaneously bleed
both the left side wheels at the same time, then both the right.  I managed to
do it by myself as well!.  But i could not get the shuttle valve centralized.
Do these valves have a history of sticking??  If so is it replacment time??

Third, does anyone know if the crank from a 1500 spit/midget engine will fit
in the block of a 1300 Spit??  I know the bearing sizes and all other
dimenssions except the stroke are the same.  I don't know if the longer stroke
will
allow it to fit in the 1300 block.

Cheers , and its nice to be back.  Please send replies to this message to me
as I expect it to take a day or so for me to be back on the list.

DW