re: I'm Back, TR6 update, car covers

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: re: I'm Back, TR6 update, car covers
From: mikej@apd.MENTORG.COM (Mike Johnson)
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 92 08:34:36 PST
As to car covers:
   You didn't mention expense so I won't either.  Evolution 3 cloth is the best
you can buy IMHO.  Water proof and breathable.  Will keep the finish also as it
is very soft on the inside.  The neighbor hood cats like it however.  Makes nice
bedding material.  Don't know what the oil in their fur will do to the water
proofness.  Custom vs approximate size, well custom will keep the cover from
flapping when the wind blows.  Any cover no matter how soft will get dust under
it after some time.  When the wind blows it makes a fine polish/grinder
depending
on the grit.  I keep my Europa under a custom Evolution 3 cover.  It is in the
garage but it sure keeps it nice.  Got it as a present so I don't know where it
came from.  My guess is that my wife found it in an Autoweek ad.