None

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: None
From: Jerry Kaidor <Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com>
Date: 9 Mar 92 07:51:04
        Reply to:

Joe Flake writes:
.  (My
garage has a lot of things in it, but no room for a car!).  I thought
the TR6 was amazingly watertight until some serious rain came along
and truely flooded things -- but then I MIGHT have left the skuttle
vent open in the rain, OOPs.  Any "dry it out" advice?

**** Yes, many of us find that garage space is too precious to actually keep
*cars* in it :-).   Those of us with TR2s and TR3s often have to dry out are
cars;  its as if the car was DESIGNED to trap moisture on its body recesses and
direct it into the cockpit!  Here's how it's done at my house:

     I have a little electric heater;  the kind that has heating coils and a
fan.  This one is not very powerful;  only about 600W.  I set it up in the car
with a long extension cord.  Leave one window open, the other closed.  This
allows the heat to build up in the passenger compartment while still letting
the moisture exit.  Then I just leave it and go about my business.  The car is
generally pretty dry in four hours or so.  This is of course after mopping up
the serious water with a bathtowel.

       - Jerry

p.s.  Welcome back to the list, Joe!