Re: Re: TR Windscreen Replacment

To: twakeman@apple.com
Subject: Re: Re: TR Windscreen Replacment
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@snakebyte.cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 92 10:23:37 pst
> guarentee the job.  To get the seal to seal, you need to add some very very
> sticky goo that wants to jump off onto anyting it comes near
> while you try to fit the windscreen back in. I did the TR3 windscreen
> Never again will I do my own if I have a chance.  Do your self a favour
>
> TeriAnn

Apparently even some pros have trouble working with this stuff.  A few
years ago I had a cracked windshield in my mini van replaced by a glass
shop recommended to me by AAA, my insurer at the time.  It was night
when I picked up the van so I didn't notice the black gooie finger
prints on everything until the next day.  They were even on the seat
upholstery.  In case any of you south S.F.  Bay residents are interested,
the name of the glass shop was Bay Cities Glass on Kiely Bl in San Jose.
I think they are still in business there.

Roland