Re: Sunbeam Harrington LeMans

To: phile%pwcs.StPaul.GOV@mathcs.emory.edu
Subject: Re: Sunbeam Harrington LeMans
From: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
Date: Tue Mar 3 08:56:36 1992
Re: the Sunbeam Harrington LeMans.

I looked at the car last night.  It is apart and somewhat spread out about
a garage.  It is a roller.  It is real rusty and would need to be dipped
and then much of the lower part of car would need to be replaced, such as
floors, some x crossmember repair, bottom parts of all fenders, rockers.
the hatch needs reassembly, being broken, but since it is fiberglass, could
be done.  All the correct glass is there and in good shape.

The model is a fastback, as I pictured.  It is a late Harrington, with no
fins. The owner has virtually all the car, except for a couple of small
trim pieces.  It needs as complete a resto as you could imagine.  The owner
is asking 2500, but prob would take less.  It does have the original body
plate, but one would need to get a title.  It has 1968 plates on the car, the
last time it was road driven.

there are no insurmountable problems in the resto it appears, but it is too
much of a project for me at this time.

>from my research and talking to a local expert, they made about 250-275 of
these and no two were exactly alike.
If anyone is interested, the telephone number of the owner is (312) 235-8701,
ask for rick.

Rick does appear to be a british car enthusiast. his other cars are another
Alpine, non Harrington, a TVR 2500, and  his girlfriends 84 Esprit Turbo. he
also drives an older Maserati Bi-Turbo. BTW, he has two of those Car-Stacker
lifts in his garage and they are pretty nice.

If anyone wants further details on the Harrington, I can provide more details
on request.

jim fuerstenberg

                        What did the Zen Master say to the hot dog vendor?

                        Make me one with everything.

jfuerstenberg@dcri.dla.mil or
xgg2356@dcri.dla.mil

The opinions stated herein are solely my own and not those of my employer.