In-tank fuel filter

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: In-tank fuel filter
From: thcollin@mtu.edu (TIMOTHY COLLINS)
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 93 20:40:44 EST
I am in the process of performing an extensive restoration of my
1966 AH Sprite. I notice that there is an in-tank fuel filter.
Does anyone know how to extract, and replace, that little
critter? The only practical opening in the tank to see the filter
is through the sending unit port and my big mitts won't fit in
there. It looks like it is meant to stay there for ever and ever.
I know that if I ignore it now, that the "to ignore" decision
will come back to haunt me later.

Tim Collins, Director              1966 AH Sprite - disassembled
School of Technology
Michigan Technological University
Houghton, MI