Re: English Car Spares-anyone used 'em?

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu, lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com
Subject: Re: English Car Spares-anyone used 'em?
From: "GERONIMO, SC9-32, 765-4903, PAGE 231-6478" <GENDIMEN@T12SYS.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 93 09:37:18 PST
>If the gears are good, that's a very good price. I haven't dealt with
>that bunch. Is this a MK III rear? How does it differ from a MK II? I still
>have the housing from my MK II rear end that went out, and I see that
>Victoria British is selling 3.27 gear sets for about $375. I'm thinking
>of rebuilding mine if it's humanly possible - or maybe a shop could do it?

>Larry

I don't think there's a difference between MKII and III rears from what I've
been told.  TRF had some gears in their summer catalog for $150, but I don't
know what MK they were for.  Yes, they are rebuildable, it's best to have a
shop do it.  There's a place here in San Jose, Rearend Specialties, that DickN
recommended.  They'll go through it for $170, you supply the gears if it needs
them.

Mike G.