anti seize/cleaning/TR6 rear axles

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: anti seize/cleaning/TR6 rear axles
From: jtc@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (James A. TenCate)
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 93 09:13:53 -0600
OK, promise, this is the last on O2 sensors :-)  My antiseize is
Permatex and, lo and behold, one of the listed uses is "oxygen sensors" so
I gather it IS safe to use.

John's tip from the K&N people (using a torch to burn off the deposits)
is a good one.  Has anyone actually tried that?  An old Honda mechanic
I know always used to take out the O2 sensors and "clean" them.  He
wouldn't tell me what he did and I always thought he was pulling my
leg but maybe not...  Has anyone else heard that?

An unrelated TR6 question:  The new rear axle sliding rubber boot thingies
fit so well that they make an airtight seal.  They shouldn't be airtight,
should they?  Should I poke a little air hole in them?  Just curious.

jim