Re: anti-sway bars explained

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: anti-sway bars explained
From: ian@Centric.COM (Ian Macky)
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 93 16:21:38 PST
After studying all the parts, diagrams, pictures and everything I can get
my hands on, I can only come to the conclusion that inflexible "end-link"
urethane bushings I got from Whitney will not work for the TR6 front anti-
sway bar.

The end-link shaft is NOT always perpendicular to the rod endi, as those
urethane bushins would force.  The rubber bushings and oversized bar-end
hole allow the end-link shaft to travel quite a bit off vertical.   This
is necessary since the path traveled by the rod-end and the path followed
by the suspension are not the same.  Some squishy-type adaptation is needed.

See the drawings in Bentley.

It looks like I will be using the rubber bushings for the end link, and the
urethane ones for the frame mounting.  So be it...

Andy (acg@hermes.dlogics.com) send me some mail that agrees with all of
this (thanks).  By George, I think I may finally have gotten it.......???

--ian