Who are we?

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Who are we?
From: rlindsay@amoco.com (Richard O. Lindsay)
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 93 10:36:30 CST
There have been a plethora of notes flying thru here
representing a load of knowledge. Or as George puts it
"...wondering just how much collective knowledge and
experience we have here on this net."  Obviously this
begs the questions "Who are we, where have we been and
where are we?"  Perhaps we can construct a pseudo-FAQ
on the british-cars subscribers.  If someone wants to
take on this mind numbing task I will offer the following:

Rick Lindsay, Research Scientist (Geophysicist) 4 years in
Tulsa and 6 years in New Orleans with:

Amoco Production Company
Tulsa Research Center
41st and Yale Ave.
Tulsa, Oklahoma, 74102

Home (918) 492-1139     Work (918) 660-4309

Originally from Maysville, Kentucky.

I'm 42, married to Nancy (age unlisted), with 2 kiddos,
Tegan 8 and Allen 6.

I've been building British cars for about 20 yrs. Starting
with a TR6 in 1973 until present where I'm building a 1976
XJ-S.  I have specialized in the areas where others cringe:
electrical systems, vacuum systems, valve and ignition timing
systems - especially the dynamic systems, fuel injection
and electronic ignitions.  I do the 'fiddly bits' well but
leave the gearboxes, etc. alone.  Not because I couldn't
learn the skills but because the interest level is low.

Specialities:
"Systems" (as listed above)
Jaguars
Useless junk and knowledge

Stable (current):
1984 XJS-HE Midnight blue, cranberry interior, burl elm wood
1976 XJS project car Sable brown, cinnimon interior, no wood,
     this car is partially disassembled and for sale ($3250)
1986 Chevy Celebrity

Stable (previous):
Jag XJ6L
Jag 3.8s
TR6
Spitfire IV
Spitfire 1500
Midget
AH 100/6
Fiat 850 Spyder  (Hey! How'd that get in there?)
2 Vegas
2 Corvairs
Plymouth Arrow
Plymouth
Olds Cutlass Supreme
Ford Maveric
Camaro
Impala
Model A Ford

If you read this far you deserve a break...

Rick
     Richard O. Lindsay        /     __  __      __  __
  Senior Research Scientist   /   / /_/ /_  / / /_/ /_/
  Amoco Production Research  /   / / / /_/ /_/ / / / \
                            / /_/
                           /
My opinions are my own, until they're worth something, at
which point they become the property of my employer...