Dash design standards. Was:Re: Dash for Bug-eye

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Dash design standards. Was:Re: Dash for Bug-eye
From: rlindsay@amoco.com (Richard O. Lindsay)
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 93 13:46:43 CST
Andy just posted a wonderful note comparing LBC dash design
versus American designs.  These notes are great!  It almost
makes coming to work worth while.

I just wanted to add one overlooked point to Andy's note:

Andy left out the special "Torxel-Flangel-Bob" tool needed to
remove the light switch fasteners that we would otherwise use
screws for.

You know, the tool that makes sure that you have to take the
car back to the fat, slime-bag dealer from which you purchased
it from.

And if that isn't enough, they usually claim that the design
was for "public safety".  A screw can be VERY DANGEROUS!

Bye,

Rick

     Richard O. Lindsay        /     __  __      __  __
  Senior Research Scientist   /   / /_/ /_  / / /_/ /_/
  Amoco Production Research  /   / / / /_/ /_/ / / / \
                            / /_/
                           /

Irresponsible rantings of the author alone. Any resemblance
to persons living or dead is just luck. May cause drowsiness.
Alcohol may intensify this effect. Pay no attention to the
man behind the curtain.  Please let me out now.  Billy?
Billy?  Billy, are you still out there?  Bil...