Re: Car names

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: Car names
From: zrol01@trc.amoco.com (Richard O. Lindsay)
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 93 10:10:58 CST
I was just about to post a note stating that I
have never named a car.  BUT, I guess I have.

the 1984 XJ-S is: "The new blue car"
the 1986 Chevy is: "Nancy's car"
the 1976 XJ-S is: "The old S" or "The brown car"
the 1976 XJ6L was: "The white Jag"
the 1966 3.8s was: "The old blue Jag"

My wife has also named them:

the 1986 Chevy is: "My car"
all the rest are: "Those old junk cars"
(As in, "When are you going to get rid of all THOSE OLD
JUNK CARS"?)

Similar names are applied to the other iron in my past
such as the TR6, Midget, Sprite, Spitfire IV, Spitfire 1500,
Corvair I, Corvair II, Vega I, Vega II, Citation, Arrow,
Plymouth, Belair, Impala, Camaro, Fiat 850 Spyder, Cutlass
Supreme, Model-A and Schwinn...

God I'm getting old!

Rick

     Richard O. Lindsay        /     __  __      __  __
  Senior Research Scientist   /   / /_/ /_  / / /_/ /_/
  Amoco Production Research  /   / / / /_/ /_/ / / / \
                            / /_/
                           /
My opinions are my own, until they're worth something, at
which point they become the property of my employer...