Fuel Pressure & Weber parts

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Pressure & Weber parts
From: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 93 06:35:01 PST
     Morning all ! Just a couple a' Weber questions;

          In my relentless efforts to have Redcar
     (the original one ?) return something better than
     17mpg, I have amassed quite a collection of various
     DC0E Weber components. Unfortunately I don't have
     everything I need to be able to completely evaluate the
     optimum 40 series configuration. So I was wondering if
     there's anyone out there in .netland (hopefully Bay
     Area .netland), that has a set of chokes for a 40DC0E
     that they'd like to loan, sell, or trade me so that I
     can see if that makes any appreciable difference over
     the current set-up. What I'm looking for is a pair of
     chokes for a 40DC0E (p/n 72303), that are larger than
     32's. The diameter # is cast on the inside. Please
     e-mail me direct & I'll reply w/my spares.
          On the same line, has anyone heard or had any
     experience w/Cagle brand fuel pressure regulator ? Apparently
     they vary the fuel pressure relative to intake manifold
     vacuum, so that the pressure is compensated for low &
     high speed running. The salesperson @ Pierce Manifold
     couldn't say enough good stuff about them, so I was
     wondering what the collective .net wisdom/experience
     might be. Thanks in advance.

          cheers-
                 dstone@sc9.intel.com