'76 midget front suspension question

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: '76 midget front suspension question
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 93 13:57:54 EST
|Date: 1-12-93  1:57pm
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@autox.team.net}:INTERNET
|Subj: '76 midget front suspension question
   I've been thinking about what I need to do to my midget when it warms
up and the front suspension is calling me again.  I replaced the coil
springs and trunion bushings, but I didn't touch the lower wishbone.
Now I feel like I should have done the wishbone bushings and was
wondering if those are replaceable and if harder bushing (nylatron,
etc.) are available for midgets like for B's.
    The kingpins were fine when I put the springs in last summer so I'm
not worried about those.  But, the bushings on the inner part of the
wishbone that connects to the frame look like they've seen better days.

     Also, has anyone used Apple Hydraulics to recondition kingpins.  I
was looking through a Hemmings last night and I saw an ad that said they
will recondition a pair of kingpins for $80 with a 5 day turnaround
time.  I need to do this for the B, not the midget.  I can't remember
offhand if it was Apple Hydraulics or the other Apple (I remeber two
being discussed here).

   Thanks,
       Dean