Cadillacs and Distributors

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Cadillacs and Distributors
From: Gregory T Fieldson <fieldson@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1993 00:49:11 -0500
Hey!

I resent the comment that Cadillacs were glorified Chevies

I have a 1975 Sedan De Ville (Known as a "seDAN" (accent on caps))
and it is pure Cadillac, right down to the 500cc cadillac engine.  And
(I swear) it is a metallic pink/red (my mother's(=PO) favorite color)
with white interior and top, a true stereotypical American Pimp Mobile.

Someday, maybe I will get the engine out and drop it in my Spitfire :)

Maryland has a law requiring dealers to deliver cars withough dealer
stickers at the request of the buyer.  SO we get a lot of free license
plate frames around here.

And (lbc content) I am curious if anyone can tell me what replacement
distributor I can put in my 78 Fed TR7.  It seems to have a modified
(Luminition box added) Lucas distr., with no vacuum or electric retard.

And I am curious if there is some kind of record for the number of fluids
(oil, coolant, brake,transmission, carb dashpot...) a car can leak.  The
TR7 seems to be slowly releasing every fluid but diff. fluid, plus it leaks
"electrics" and the windshield and doors and trunk leak when it rains.

Greg
fieldson@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu             Dept of Chemical Engineering
"When my Spitfire grows up, it's        The Johns Hopkins University
going to be a big Healey!"              Baltimore, Maryland  21218